Wednesday 2 March 2011

Wells Bombardier

http://www.bombardier.co.uk/#/about/

Wells and Youngs Brewing Company



I like this beer, a lot, it is very common now though it's a relative newcomer really, known as the Drink of England and has gone some way to making St George's Day an actual event, which would always get my approval.

If I see it in a row with other well known brands it'll generally be the one I default to, it just always seems to taste right.

Roger Protz editor of the Good Beer Guide has this to say about it:
"A burnished copper colour, it has a rich, tempting aroma of peppery hops and raisins, while the palate is dominated by more dark fruit, juicy malt and tangy hops."

... and well done him. Personally I just think it's a good beer ;-) clearly I don't have his refined taste buds!

Strength: 5.2% Bottle and 4.3% cask
Colour: A burnished copper colour apparently
Taste: Malty, Tangy but smooth. What I would class as a good session beer
Some other brewery alternatives: With Youngs and Wells combining list is quite extensive, but a couple of favourites would be Ram Rod and Special particularly when mixed half and half together and Wells Waggle Dance.
Not yet had Burning Gold but believe you can get a reasonable deal through Aldi at the moment!

If you'd not tried it then do!

No comments:

Post a Comment