Sunday 20 March 2011

Black Sheep Brewery

http://www.blacksheepbrewery.com/beers/black_sheep_cask_ale/


Not a new brew on me by any means, for example, I distinctly remember having some in 2003 on my stag do in York. However it is one that I have just re-discovered due to the Shipwrights Arms on Tooley Street serving it. I have also managed to get some of the bottled variety via Morrisons.

It's what some would describe as a good session beer, and I guess i'd be one who'd agree with that. I could certainly see myself staying for an evening on this pint with very little problem.

The web-site says of it:

Part of our original brewery line up, Black Sheep Ale is a powerfully flavoured pint that packs a punch with rich fruit aromas  and a distinctively smooth, bittersweet taste.
Aroma
Masses of hops, orange-fruit and roast coffee maltiness
Taste
Bittersweet in mouth with a dry finish packed with fruity notes and Goldings hops.

Black Sheep Ale is a full flavoured, premium bitter with a rich fruity aroma. We use plenty of choice Golding hops which give it a roast coffee maltiness followed by Black Sheep’s characteristic refreshingly dry and bitter finish.

I admit, i'm not good with all the flavours, but "refresingly dry" really does it justice I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment